Thread: Poor Dash . . .
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKat08 View Post
It's bed time and that is a bad thing for him. The first 3 nights home with us were like a dream. He went to bed and slept through the night with only a minor whimper. The last 2 nights are a whole 'nother story. He cried, whimpered, and jumped up and down in his play yard for an hour night before last and THREE hours last night. I am trying the NILIF concept, but it is really hard to ignore him. I tried crating him next to my bed, but he goes berserk, though he will sleep in there during the day with the door open. I'm afraid he will hurt himself if I leave him in the crate. I am literally dreading going to bed tonight. Any suggestions?!
Your little guy is trying your patience and pushing your buttons.....

I know, I know it's tough, but knowing the origin of your little guy...He slept in a crate.....You are going to have to stay firm....A couple of nights of being firm....he'll get the message. I've had several grooming clients that have asked me to help them get their pups to sleep in their crate.....It takes a couple of nights....but, many of a husband has come back and thanked me profusely....telling me how happy they were to get their bed back, their wife back....

If you have him in a play yard...just wondering what you have the play yard on? Is there a protective surface to protect his knees? Do you have a top on it.

Have you attempted walking him before bedtime? Have you contacted your breeder for assistance?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!