View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
vainchick5
YT 6000 Club Member

Welcome to Yorkietalk!!! They all do this in the beginning, well at least most. I wouldn't use the crate as a punishment place if you are also using it to keep him in there. I swear by only one thing for biting and snapping and that's bitter apple spray. You can get it at any pet store. It's the most bitter tasting spray and one taste of that and trust me, they behave. Coco used to love biting fingers and toes, until she encountered the spray. I would spray it on my hands and feet, then if she still wouldn't quit, I would place a drop of it on her tongue. It only took 2 times of doing that for her to get the point. No more biting here since she was 4 months old (it took me a while to figure it out..haha). They will cry and you just have to ignore it. It's sucks because everyone in the house has to suffer but the minute you give in to their cries, it just gets worse. Just ignore him, which I know is hard, and eventually he will get it. He will understand that crying won't get him his way. Coco cried allll night for over a month before she realized I'm on to her..lol...Good luck with the new baby and don't worry, they all go through similar phases.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!