View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
Loving Furgie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Awh TY! Haven't been feeling hot lately
1. Dog shoes! Alldogboots is a member here she just started with socks for dogs who need em under shows or en-loo of shoes here's her site Dog Boots | Dog Shoes & Dog Booties

2. keep rubbing alcohol handy it can be used to wipe on law pads and ears to cool dog in emergency, also keep Nutical around for dehydration always carry water ( I take a bottle of ice cubes to hot weather).

3. Never leave dog in hot car (obviously right) can't believe ppl do that...oh ye doggy day care YAY!

4. Arizona has some nasty no-see-ums be sure you are using the appropriate parasite preventatives and educate yourself on what's there

5. Speaking of no-see-um what about those do see-ums like coyote, and other predators-learn about what to be aware of.

6. Consider a shaded dog run, with AC (swamp coolers are great! then again so is a fan faced towards a big bucket of shaved ice) for an at home doggy too and ice cubes added to the bottle part of a water bowl if you have that kind.

Thank you so much for the great ideas! I tried to get Furgie to wear some booties when we go to Reid Park...they have these burrs that will get all in her paws! But she doesn't like the booties! Awesome idea about the alcohol! I just started using a frontline (I found a really good price for it online)..(I want to look into heartworm prevention meds too)...the other stuff I think I should talk to my vet and see what they recommend what to have on hand or be aware of. And I am going to need to get some more shade for the yard! Done and done!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!