View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyonceMomma23 View Post
So, Bee went into heat & we were at my mom's & her 8 month old Havanese we didnt think could have sex yet & we were wrong, we thought he was too young so they did that & now I am worried about her having these puppies because he is 15 pounds & she is only 5 pounds, we called over 15 vets & all of them said that she will be fine. They have seen 5 pound dogs(females) have puppies with 25-30 pound dogs & be fine. I am taking her too the vet in a couple weeks so he can try & see how many there are so in a month or so.

I asked about getting her fixed when I took her to Petsmart I went to the vet in there(without an appointment) I just asked the questions about it & he said that she will be fine giving birth & that putting her to sleep for the spay would be more dangerous because she is so small. I just feel like the worst Mommy ever I have been crying all week.
The vet you took your little girl has given you information that can put your dog at risk.....Yorkies themselves do not whelp litters without assistance, even when the breeding is ideal. I would see another vet, one that is well versed in reproduction/spaying. Putting your girl under anesthesia is a risk, however, allowing her to go through with this whelp is more dangerous.....

I don't know how old your girl is.....if she is young her reproductive organs have not developed....these pups may very well be too large for her to pass vaginally.....a c-section will be in order, very expensive.....will she be able to produce enough milk to feed oversized dogs????? So much to consider.

Accidents happen, but now it's up to you to do what your girl expects of you...take care of her, keep her safe.

I hate to put another wrench into this.....but you will not be producing pure-bred dogs....if you should decide to take the responsibility and I hope you have homes for the pups.

By the way.....boys can sire a litter as young as four months of age....

Think this over very carefully....you girl's life is at risk here and are you prepared to lose her and/or the litter.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!