View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

[QUOTE=Dezy;3482708]Yes I've taken her to the vet and he said she's pregnant , her stomach is starting to get bigger my question is more of when she has the puppies what needs to be done nd also I've got the bottles and milk just in case she doesn't feed the puppies I just need to get the whelping box. This is her first litter and I'm just really nervous[/QUOTE

first start with looking up some of the "stickies" here; these are premanent articles
Here is one such:Dog Breeding - Your Questions Answered
Around about page 2 or page 3 the whelping box is talked about.

Second review threads on this site as many questions have been asked and answered but;
It is best if you are inexperienced to have a "whelping" coach with you and or your vet.
If you don't already have one, then look up your local breed club and or talk to the breeders of your pair to see if they can help you out.

Yorkies often need help with delivery, and you need to be prepared for that financial cost if a "c" section is required.

good luck with your whelp
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!