View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Personally I feed Taste of the Wild (the foul) here it's grainless no red meat, meat by-prodcut etc and has quality fruits and vegis and the price is right.
Mine almost 10 pound Yorkie get 1 cup kibble a day 1/2 a feeding

RAW and prey model or BARF are also to be seriously considered; mine get a RAW lunch, I use Stella and Chewy's Duck Duck Goose Dinner Patties, or chicken breast and hand feed fruits and vegis. Yep, carrots (baby) right out the bag we ppl here also eat etc out the refrigerator...corn in any dog food or meat by product is a sure sign of it being a bad food;

Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost

A lot of ppl here feed Orijen & Evo (pricey but then again we're talking Yorkies not big dogs) or Blue Buffalo & Innova (has grains-rice isn't bad but many grains cause a warming effect equating to an itchy reaction or worse). These are great foods though too IMO depends on what type you are looking to feed.

Treats:

I LOVE Zuke's Mini Naturals and plain chicken breast especially for training you feed a lot and need safe and designed for small dogs

First time dog owner advice:

No one tells you (even vets) about toxic for dogs concerns-seems everyone knows about chocolate, but raisins, oak, onions, garlic, grapes, mushrooms, etc, a lot is very dangerous for dogs you have to research and educate yourself here.
Raw hide kills
despite it being widely sold as a dog treat, it dog chewy roulette many give it but don't know the risks until it's too late. Bully sticks are preferred by most here, I use Dogswell brand jerkys: mellow mut, breathies, healthy hips etc. personally.

Read all you can about Yorkie specific issues, hypoglycemia, Collapsing trachea-use a harness for walking not a collar-I only use harness period here. YT is a wealth of information; you found the right place.
Congrats-there's an unspoken 'rule' here-just kiddingEveryone wants to see dog/pup PICS!!!

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!