View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Annabel
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicetheYorkie View Post
I agree, when they're that small one thing at a time is best. They shouldn't have shoved the dewormer down his throat after the shot bothered him so much. Totally not your falt though, he'll be ok in a few days, like someone else said he's probably just a little tramatized more than actually in pain. Maybe try rubbing that area while giving him a treat to re-focus him on something pleasant associated with being touched in that area. I dought it's beacues they did the shot "wrong" that's really difficult as long as they lifted the skin up and gave the shot under the skin (Sub q) My vet wanted to do Alice's second booster and Rabies on the same day and I requested that we come back in 2 weeks for the Rabies. It's ok to do more than one thing at a time when they are adults and for larger dogs but tennie tiny babies require more caution. Also, you don't need the bordetella vaccine (kennel cough) unless he will be going to a groomer or kennel for boarding.

Now that u and that other person said that, It makes a lot of sense. Next time i will definitely go to a vet! Also they said that he is so tiny that they want to give him an extra shot. What do u guys think? Thankfully he is all better now! running and playing & no crying!!
Annabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!