View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I wouldn't think a Yorkie's life is considered "short"... in the spam of time, yes, but they are one of the longer living breeds.

No harm in it at all! Real meat is what dogs were designed to eat. Granted, it wasn't cooked. Yes, you could be creating a dog who no longer eats kibble alone, but that doesn't bother me so much. I use plain boiled chicken breast for treats and also mixed in to his food sometimes. A little meat here and there will not create an overweight pet -- I see far more fat dogs who eat solely Kibbles and Bits or Purina or other not-so-great kibbles. I also feed canned food mixed with his kibble which ups the protein and meat content.

Many people feed their dogs homecooked solely but this has to be measured out by a nutritionist and has to have certain vitamins, etc. It's the processed foods you want to not give (full of preservatives!) and staying away from chips, and fatty foods. Bacon is something I tend to stay away from for example and don't give any to Jackson, it's just so fatty and greasy. But plain chicken or plain beef, etc, would be fine. I'm not sure I'd make it an every day occurrence.

Last edited by Britster; 03-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!