View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Just Dropped My Boys Off At the Groomer

I generally have to make an appointment about 3 weeks in advance to visit the groomer so the late night thunderstorms and flooding kept me up all night thinking "how are we going to manage this tomorrow?". This morning I woke up to see the torrential rain continuing but we had to go. My bright idea of trying to grow Cooper's cottony coat into a luxurious show dog turned into a matted mess, even with daily hour brushings and several Madan brushes and combs.

I asked Cooper if he wanted to get a haircut and he spun around so fast that one of the gates fell over nearly shooting Max in fear out the front window. Good start. Buddy Belts on and we head for the car. It was pouring but I managed to get Cooper in and then Max fairly quickly. I was soaked.

Arrive at the groomer parking lot and 1 at a time the boys get out of the car. As I'm shutting the last back door, a tiny gorgeous Maltese gets carried out by it's owner at the adjacent car and I can see the fear on the man's face when he sees my attack dogs. I wanted to assure him that his dog would be safe

In we went and I spoke to the groomer for 1/2 an hour about what I was thinking. I realized that while we were standing there, I was the only wet dog. "Keep BOTH of their faces long. DO NOT CUT THEIR FACES OR TOP KNOTS OR MAKE BANGS". Oh I hope she heard me. She wrote it down. She decided to cut Cooper's body at a #3, leaving the face and tail long. She asked about a modified Schnauzer cut, which I do like but Cooper's issue is with his legs. She said she'll give a shot and try to thin out his hips, leaving some of it longer. Max is just going to get a trim, as I still want to try to grow him out.

I'll post pictures when they come home.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!