View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #15
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My lil friend View Post
A thought about putting any tiny dog outside alone,fence or no. I spend atleast one day a week putting some neighbors tiny chihuahua back in its yard,not always the same house. They are so little that they practically walk through the fence. Also Ive noticed buzzards,hawks and owls moving into the city and they are nolonger afraid of people. My littleones never go out without a person,rain,snow,sleet,cold or hot. One of my other neighbors has laying hens in her backyard,she was standing 20ft from one and a hawk swooped down and carried one of the chickens off.
I guess it is a bit of a soap box with me because my neighbors dont seem to care if their tiny ones are running free in the neighborhood. I apologize upfront if my lil rant offended anyone.

I agree. I've never left Alice alone outside and never will, I didn't think about making that clear in my original post when referencing useing a tieout for her to potty. I'll always be right there even when she learns to be attched to it to do her "business". I'm comfortable leaving my big dogs out there alone for a little while but even then it's never more than about 10 minutes and I check on them if I hear any barking at all. There was a Chihuahua running around our neighborhood almost every day a few months ago, pooping in my yard , he'd even come to my front door and bark (I think he liked my beagle lol) but I was so mad. One day I picked him up and walked around looking for his house, his owners neighbor told me they weren't home that they left him in the yard when they were gone!! He was like 4 pounds! He could have so easily gotten hit by a car or attacked by a big dog if he went into their yard. They've since either stopped doing that or fixed their fence cause I haven't seen him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!