Thread: Picky Eater
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

My Yorkie is 6 months old and I've had her for a month. I've been searching these forums for like 2 hours trying to find a solution to her not wanting to any type of dog food the last 3 days. I tricked her into eating a few pieces of kibble last night and this morning because I chopped up chicken breast and put it with it but I literaly had to hand feed her the 1 piece of kibble with a tiny piece of the chicken stuck to it and even then she only ate about 5 pieces. So, I offered the food a few more times today but she wouldn't touch it (kibble mixed with chicken - she wouldn't pick the chicken out of the bowl either) tried Verus (which she was eating pretty good untill Sunday) and Merrick. I even resorted to a little of Pedigree (I know blah) canned only because that's what the breeder fed- nope. So, ok she'll eat when she's really hungry right? she vomited a tiny bit of bile ugh. So I gave her some Cheerios and she ate about 10 of those after I broke them in pieces and when I gave my other 2 dogs some peanut butter and blueberry treats so gobbled one of those so I crushed one up and sprinklled it on the wet food mixed with chicken and parmasan cheese and she just skimmed some of the treat off the top. My normal phylosophy is - they'll eat it when they get really hungry but she's a puppy and on the skinny side and vomits bile when she refuses to eat her dog food so I have to get her to eat something. Soooo frustating. Gonna head down to the pet store yet again and pick up some raw patties and maybe Nature's Variety kibble this time and see if she'll eat that tonight since now she's probably full from cheerios and treats.
AlicetheYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!