View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
amarillogal
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Mason's Mom

Play Biting  Behavior Lesson-what-did-i-do-resized.jpgOur dog trainer said for the human to "yelp" or just a high pitched noise like another pup would do, then cross your arms and kind of hide your head down like"I'm not gonna play with you anymore if you bite me". Wait until the pup comes over and licks you or gets into a submissive role, then resume playing again.

First time I did it, my Mason about freaked out. It didn't take him long to get it at all. I still have to do it from time to time.

The issues below should probably be in a different forum or thread but if anyone is reading up above and reads below, maybe you could give some advice.

Our big issues are shoes and feet. What a fascination they are. Not when sitting
still on the floor, but any movement at all.

Then our adult cats. They've been nothing but terrorized since I brought Mason home 4 months ago. It's getting better. The trainer told me to use the "leave-it" command exactly when he begins to chase or begin growling and jumping on them. I'd say we've been 70-80% effective, but not enough for one of my cats to come out at all. Only time he comes out is when my Yorkie is asleep, outside, or at night when he's in his sleep crate. I'd love for him to sleep with me, but he rustles around so much at first, my cats run away, Mason jumps down (the bed is way too tall for him to get back up).

Sam
amarillogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!