View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
janetvav
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Poor Gracie had surgery today:(

Well today was another long day of worrying about my baby. The vet called this morning and told me that the barium that they gave her yesterday morning some of it was still in her stomach so that was an indication that there probably was something in there. She talked to the other vet there and decided that they could do the exploratory surgery on her stomach to see what it was that was causing this. They did surgery this afternoon and found that she has several ulcers and ulcerations in her stomach.They said that they were bleeding.Not sure what caused these so they took some biopsies of them now to wait and see what could be causing these. I am praying that it isn't something really bad. Poor baby has been through so much in the last few days. She is on several meds right now but the pain meds are making sooo tired, but thats probably a good thing. Tomorrow they will try and start her on some liquid food. Hopefully she will be able to keep it down. I have been praying so much that she will be ok. I haven't had very good luck with my yorkies in the last few years why me I try so hard to make sure that they are so well taken care of. My other dogs don't seem to have as many problems as these little ones. Thank God that I am able to do whatever they need to have done. I guess thats the responsiblity that goes along with having a pet. Prayers please that things will be ok.
janetvav is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!