View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulugirl928 View Post
Thanks noonie. ill check it out. The Vet we go to is the Village Animal Hospital (i Think its called) and its in Diamond Bar actually on the corner of Golden Springs and Diamond Bar Blvd. And the quote they gave us was like a special too, 15% off on a certain day. YEah i think we might wait until shes a little bigger, but ive also heard that if you spay her before she has her first period, its safer for her .. i think it was like a lower risk of breast cancer among other things, i dont know how much truth there is to that though... it seems everyone in our family with a dog has their own opinion. i Just tell em, ill just go on Yorkie Talk when i get home lol
If you get her spayed before her first heat, her chances of getting certain types of cancer are zero. With eat heat that passes there is the chance of her getting pyometria (sp?). It's just healthier for them over all to get spayed, even if they get spayed later in life, it's better than never. If they never get spayed it's not a question of if they will get cancer, but when.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!