View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
lulugirl928
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Hi LuLugirl! Welcome to YT, I see you are from Rowland Hgts, I'm from Diamond Bar. I can recommend a great vet that I took Uni to get spayed. It the Garden Grove dog and cat hospital, in Gargen Grove, obviously, about a 20 mins drive down the 57. They are awesome. You can yelp them, they have great reviews. Garden Grove Dog & Cat Hospital - Garden Grove, CA

I paid about $110 for the spay, $100 for pre-op bloodwork (a must in my opinion, so worth the $100 for peace of mind!), plus I had a small growth removed and biopsy done on it, had a baby tooth taken out, and had her nails trimmed for about $400. If you just do the spay and bloodwork you are looking about $200. They are a very good, clean hospital. I never got Uni spayed until she was almost 4 bc I never found a hospital I had the good feeling about. I love this place. They don't take appts, but if you are in there first thing in the morning, they will get to your baby first and hopefully won't have to stay overnight. Uni didn't get done till about 5pm, so they made her stay over, but didn't charge for it.

You can also go to a nearby low cost spay clinic. Golden State Humane Society Animal Care Center - Garden Grove, CA It's a humane society. They take appts for spays, but for other visits it's first come first serve, so waits can be long at times.

Anyway, your OP, no Uni did not change at all! In fact she is even better now that she will eat when she is supposed to, before we would have to fight and beg her to eat! But her personality is the same. BF said he would be mad if she stopped humping her bed after her spay, but nope, she still does it! It's her form of exersize. LOL!
Thanks noonie. ill check it out. The Vet we go to is the Village Animal Hospital (i Think its called) and its in Diamond Bar actually on the corner of Golden Springs and Diamond Bar Blvd. And the quote they gave us was like a special too, 15% off on a certain day. YEah i think we might wait until shes a little bigger, but ive also heard that if you spay her before she has her first period, its safer for her .. i think it was like a lower risk of breast cancer among other things, i dont know how much truth there is to that though... it seems everyone in our family with a dog has their own opinion. i Just tell em, ill just go on Yorkie Talk when i get home lol
lulugirl928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!