View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
I just do not let mine down on the floor when we go in places like Petsmart. I actually don't take them often because ours always seems to be full of huge dogs that are not well-trained or behaved. They also often look of questionable hygiene and I always wonder if they are up to date on shots and free of parasites. Maybe I should not worry so much, but I do. So, I just keep them in my arms, in their carrier, and in the buggy. That would also solve any pee/poo accidents in the store; which, btw I have seen other dogs do and then the owner takes a quick swipe with a paper towel and no wet cleaner. That is the kind of thing that makes me worry about parasites and other germs! I admit, I am a bit phobic. But when your dog smells all of that residue/odor on the floor, he probably feels obligated to add his own scent to reclaim the area.
Honestly, I never put my boys on the floor in any pet store. I do the minimum on vaccines and these guys are so small (even my big boys ), that I am a phobic too.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!