View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Karen,
I feel you.

I had the same problem several yrs back. My vet was a good vet in general, but didnt like the fact that I gave my 2nd round of vacs myself. I always get their first round at the vet on their 2nd puppy visit and after that I give my own. Some of them do frown upon it, not because you are doing anything wrong...it's perfectly legal to vaccinate any dog or cat that you own at the time...but I think some of them see it as taking away from their sales. It took me a long time to find my vet who just happend to be a reproductive spec. too. I found her by chance because I saw a new vet business about to open near my home, I wandered in one day out of curiosity and she came out and talked and talked with me. I've been no where else since. I would say to just keep looking and trying different vets in your area. Explain to them your intentions up front and that you are very serious about what you are doing and let them know that if they aren't going to be acceptive of what you are doing, you will find someone who is. Sometimes you just have to be blunt. Best wishes!
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!