View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
hrheyne
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Well good for you for speaking up. So many people seem to think finder's keepers when comes to pets. It's great that you can look after a dog while you are trying to find the owner, but please try to find the owner. Microchips can help, and hopefully an honest person will find the dog. For all of those who say, my local shelter will kill the dog, you can call the local shelter and learn their policy, many will allow you to post pictures of the lost dog on their bulletin board and foster the dog, so if someone calls in they will know where to find the dog. If your local pound doesn't allow fostering, help change the law.

Anyway, MI Yorkielover, I'm glad you up and maybe this lady's conscience will start talking to her too.

My local shelter allowes for this. I've done this twice when finding dogs. and tecently, My teen daughter came home a few days before christmas with a yorkie in her arms. Luckily there was a collar with a little pink tag that had a # on it. It turned out that they were visiting the family at Christmas and their little one got our of the fence. They werre soo happy to get her back!
hrheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!