View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Yorkielover View Post
Last night my husband and I stopped at Petco and saw a cute little male yorkie on a leash accompanied by a woman and her young daughter. They were buying dog food. I said what a cute little yorkie and she asked, "Is this a Yorkshire Terrier?" "I said yes, you didn't know?" Strange I thought. She told us that the yorkie just ran into their house when they opened the door and she wasn't sure what kind of dog it was but they were becoming quite attached. I told her to check for a microchip and that the little guy was obviously loved by someone because he so was well groomed and appeared healthy. She said she would check for a chip. I told her to check with a vet to have him scanned, to report it to the local humane society and run a found ad. I think I was sounding rather pushy at this point. The worker at Petco said she came in to buy food and to see if they had a scanner so I hope she will follow through. The worker said, well that little girl sure is crazy about the dog and I said well somewhere there may be a little girl with her heart broken and missing that little dog. Just a reminder that micro chipping could make a huge difference of whether your dog may be returned to you or not.
Well good for you for speaking up. So many people seem to think finder's keepers when comes to pets. It's great that you can look after a dog while you are trying to find the owner, but please try to find the owner. Microchips can help, and hopefully an honest person will find the dog. For all of those who say, my local shelter will kill the dog, you can call the local shelter and learn their policy, many will allow you to post pictures of the lost dog on their bulletin board and foster the dog, so if someone calls in they will know where to find the dog. If your local pound doesn't allow fostering, help change the law.

Anyway, MI Yorkielover, I'm glad you up and maybe this lady's conscience will start talking to her too.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 03-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!