View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

Default Ruger needs a bark collar -- help!

Ruger has a bad habbit of barking in the morning at just about anything around the outside of the house, and when I bring him over my girlfriend's he barks at her Westie, and when the two of them get going her neighbors complain.

I don't scold him for barking and reward him for being quiet to no avail. Yelling "ENOUGH" seems to work for a few seconds, but that's it. He's mostly quiet if I keep him home all day except for a couple of walks. Sometimes he will go to the door and bark, then come back to me and I reward him for being a good guard dog. If I go out, and he's at home, he will not be wearing the collar as I have a beware of dog sign on the door. :-) If they only knew.

We have tried two different, highly recommended ultrasonic devices, neither of which did a thing, and we gave them plenty of time. I think it's time for a bark collar.

My gilrfriend will not let me use a Citronella collar in her house, and I've been looking at the new vibrating collars, but I'm tired of experimenting with devices that don't work -- even more tired of spending money on them.

We like to leave the dogs together when we go out, so whatever I get has to be automatic without me or her having to push a button. Any sugestions for a good bark collar for Ruger -- he's 10 lbs. And please, no lectures on how cruel a bark collar is. I need some positive help here. If you hate bark collars give me some positive ideas that work. If you don't hate bark collars, how about some suggestions for a small, Yorkie size bark collar.

Thank you very much.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!