View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
WhitPack
Yorkie Talker

Default A Little Overwhelmed

I've had Dolce for exactly one week now, and she's 9 1/2 weeks old. I've been told that having a puppy is a lot like having a newborn, and I'm trying to be patient. She's absolutely precious and I already love her...but I'm struggling a bit with my decision to bring her into a "single parent home" with no other pups. I had to go back to work on Thursday and Friday (after taking several days off to help her get adjusted), and while she did great in her little playpen all day without me, the guilt was incredible. When she's old enough and has had all of her shots, I plan to take her to doggy daycare at least 2 days a week (for socialization, etc.), but there are still going to be days when I'm gone ALL day. She doesn't cry when I'm gone, and has never been crying when I come home after being gone, but she does cry if she's in her playpen and I'm home. Right now she's not potty trained and has used the bathroom pretty much all over my apartment, so when I can't keep an eye on her every second, I let her play in her pen. I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with this. Will the crying stop once she's a little older and is used to being with me? Would she be happier in a home with other pups?

(Please keep in mind that I have wanted a Yorkie for as long as I can remember, and this isn't a decision I entered into lightly. I was in touch with my breeder for 3 years and waited until the right time to make this committment. I've also been researching Yorkies for at least that long. I'm hoping a more experienced Yorkie owner can provide some feedback.)

Thank you!
WhitPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!