View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Baha Angel
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Help with barking/escaping ?

I just got my new pup Oliver last weekend. And we are having a problem! We have been trying to section him off, but he will escape no matter what. I haven't had this problem with my yorkie Holly, so I have no idea how to keep him confined, or teach him escaping is a no-no.
I tried a doggy play pen and he climbs right out, a dog kennel, but somehow he unlocks it with his teeth, and I've tried a carrier with a mesh panel, and he chewed through the mesh, and now the kennel is no more good, and it was my favorite for Holly.
I've tried the ticking clock, and I've tried letting Holly be in the playpen with him, he just does not like being confined to an area. I wouldn't mind, but we cannot let him roam all over the house while we are gone.

He is almost 4 months, and the sweetest little thing ever. He's fine when we are with him, but I can't let him have separation issues, because I went through it will Holly, and it is a bad cycle to have, and took alot of patience and training to break.

If anyone could give advice on what I should do to keep him calm and comfortable without needing to escape that would help. It breaks my heart to hear him bark & cry until he escapes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!