View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Welcome to YorkieTalk.

Is he pooping at night in the house, or pooping and peeing?

If you don't already, keep your boy on a good schedule for meals and activities. Do everything at the same time each day and this should help regulate him physically and mentally so that his need to poop comes during waking hours. Walking and vigorous exercise also helps.

My younger boy is thin and has a fast system, so he poops more than my older boy. Teddy often goes late in the evening, 11 pm, and then he has to go again early in the morning, 6:30 am. He is trained to wake me up because I usually don't get up that early. Teddy does this even when he has pooped in the afternoon. It could be that your boy has similar needs, that he can't go too long overnight without a potty break.

Rather than getting up several times a night, try the schedule, wear out your pup before bed time and take him to potty, then try getting up earlier than what you normally do. Make it clear that getting up early for potty isn't playtime. I stumble around, praise for good potty, and take Teddy back to bed to cuddle.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!