Thread: Ex Pen Escapees
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Suze225
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Ex Pen Escapees

Well, tonight I almost had congestive heart failure. Before leaving the house to go visit friends, I safely confined both of my babies in their ex pen. Bella is just a couple of days shy of 1 year old and is an avid jumper, but pretty tiny at 4 pounds. (She has never escaped from the pen.) Jett is 21 weeks and 1 pound 15 ozs, and extremely tiny. (Although he thinks he is part rabbit, and hops around like a bunny.)

They had toys, food, water, and both of their beds, plus a potty pad in the pen. I came home after about 4 hours, and Jett was GONE! Bella was still safely confined in the pen. I was CONVINCED that someone broke into the house and stole my baby. But low and behold he was found in the clothes I tossed on my bedroom floor before leaving the house. I put him back in the pen while I brought in the groceries. Got all the groceries unloaded and put away, and BOTH dogs were sitting at my feet waiting for me to play with them, excitedly!!! They had both escaped.

This is a pen that I purchased from Petsmart, and SHOULD be good for most small dogs I would think. (It is black metal, that is in sections.) Now I am petrified that they will get hurt climbing over the pen. How common is it for little guys to escape from the pen??? Do they make taller ones?? I think I may try to return it to petsmart, to see if I can get something taller, but then I worry that they may hurt themselves. Anyone have any advice???

Mom to Houdini 1 and Houdini 2 LOL
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!