View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovelyNiko View Post
He will 10 weeks old when he comes...exactly 10 since he was born on a Friday. (Jan. 14, 2011) I believe she might be rushing them off since she now has two pregnant females due next month. I am assuming with that one. I understand the importance of the pup being with the litter and mom until 12wks, but at this point I just really want him to come home so that I can show him what it means to LIVE with your family and be part of the pack. So I am happy that he is coming...just hate the situation I suppose.

Thank you for the kind words and support. You are so right, I really don't want to be a bad yorkie parent. They love so unconditionally and can do no wrong...
Gosh, some of you guys are like a role model when it comes to doing things right by your pup. I don't want to disappoint. I will neuter him and give him the best of everything...I don't have any children and my fiance and I are far from that anyway because we are now just about to graduate college.

I know I shouldn't be ashamed, just kind of hard when there are so many ppl out there that really knows their stuff.
Nothing you said in your first post seemed alarming, however, I really would be concerned if the breeder is willing to allow a 10 week old dog to go home, Twelve weeks is the minimum recommended by the breed club, and for good reason. Just because a puppy is no longer nursing, the mother and littermates are teaching it important skills. Puppies that stay with mothers longer learning inhibition of the biting reflex, and are easier to housebreak. A good mother can teach a puppy to start using the pads. Don't forget that just because a breeder shows, this means nothing about her overall skills as a breeder. Some breeders show for all the wrong reasons, and we've had breeders who been members here who claim they show, but who've knowingly sold very sick dogs. Do you know if this breeder does health testing of her breeding stock?

Join today and remove this ad!