View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
That sounds like a good compromise, Ann. I am bad about not visiting the threads that are going to be about abuse or neglect too. I fight to stay out of depression so much of the time since I lost my husband, that I consciously avoid most things that will upset me further. Not fair to the animals that need more attention to their plight, I know, but sometmes we have to take care of ourselves too. As I feel up to it, I will open a few here and there and I try to do what I can financially and with words to support the organizations that actively fight the problem. I think we can all use some encouragement to do more as we are able. I will try to open a few more threads in these subjects over the coming months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sis View Post
I think I am in about the same boat.. I have depression issues already!! But.. I do try by educating people I have contact with and donations. I am in the process of volunteering at a local rescue, and a local breeder lets see how that goes. Baby steps.

But to the posting and threads... I think maybe move the thread higher up on the list??
I'm right there with both of you. When life stuff is dragging me down (health, depression, stress)...I really find I have to stay toward more emotionally predictable threads. How true it is, Debra, that when we don't take care of ourselves first, we can't really take care of anything else very well. I think lots of women tend to try to take care of everything else, at the expense of some of their basic needs/care.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!