View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
MyLovelyNiko
Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed Shame + Shady Breeder = Beginning 2 Regret...

this whole thing, but not the puppy. I am truly at a lost for words guys and gals...I mean how do you begin to explain the pain and violation you feel when someone you trust with a life...your puppy's life begins to act so bizarre?
Let me first say that I have been more of a visitor than a poster here because I have been learning but also more nervous. I am really just ashamed of what I am about to share with you all and essentially, the world. But I suppose if someone can learn from this situation then I have been successful in something. Not many want to admit that they have made a stupid mistake but, for the sake of myself and Aniko...
Here's the Story

Okay, So I searched high and low for a YT breeder, running across puppy mills and BYB's alike. Then after searching for quite some time I figured I will just let "it" find me so to speak. On one last ditch attempt, it happened. Almost too good to be true. I found someone who shows dogs and breeds them. Her Champion stud was gorgeous and she seemed well informed, caring, and everything else you would like to find in a breeder. After some time of thinking it over and not rushing things, my fiance and I began to dream about this puppy. I mean I have spent hours on the phone with her. Shared tons of email, almost on a daily basis. So we put down our deposit and eventually paid it all. (Please keep in mind that I am not outlining our entire "courtship" just giving a synopsis.) I guess that's when it all went downhill. Well, he is due to come home on Friday and we are very excited to get him but there are a few discrepancies. In the beginning I would spend much time with her on the phone, talked to other references, shared grooming and showing tips, along with a plethora of photos of the pups progress. Well, now she has done a complete 180 degree flip on me.

1. She kennels her pups and parents. (I knew this before but never thought it was a real issue until I became a member of this site.) She did assure me that the pups and adults get plenty of socialization on a daily basis because she has grandchildren and plenty of acreage.
2. She is a member of this forum, but upon googling for her specifically I found some posts that scare me.
3. She made the comment that the reason she does not call is because she is trying to keep her phone bill low and she prefers email anyway. But when I email her in b/w calls she is very short with me. Almost in a rude kind of way. Like her responding back is a waste of time.
4. Upon me asking for the contract to be sent to me ahead of the puppy she tells me that she has a funeral to attend and will email me later. --> exact response from her. "so very sorry I haven’t gotten back to you—my husbands brother died and his funeral is today---I’ll write more this evening after the funeral." But she has not written back.
5. I asked if she will send a blanket or toy with him when he flies to me and she says that she will see what she can do.
6. I asked her for a list a while back of suggested supplies and she says that as the time nears she will send all of the new owners a list of things she uses on her show dogs...still have not received it and he comes this Friday.

I really do not know what to do or how to begin...I mean am I just being too needy and in your face, and perhaps that is the reason for her personality shift? Do you think I am panicking because the time is nearing? We are madly in love with this little guy and I have been following his progression since he was just days old...so stopping this is basically impossible. He tugs at my heartstrings every single time. I am really ashamed that I let this happen, I thought I was as well informed as some of you. But, I showed my inexperience with this. What would you recommend I do? Please, don't chew me up and spit me out...I don't want to known as the dumb newbie, or feel outcasted...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!