View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Anyone have yucky puppy hair?????

My pup is 14 weeks old now.

He had the absolutely worst stuff (called hair) I have every seen in my life.
It was puppy black - thin - oily - and you couldn't get a comb through it if your life depended on it. In fact, I gave up trying because it was sheer torture for the little puppy.

This terrible black stuff is growing out and is being cut off - The new hair that is coming is predominately silver. It is not oily and appears to be softer, thicker, nicer, and much easier to comb. I can't comb through my pup yet because he still needs some of this terrible puppy hair to grow out and be removed.

I am going over him with a comb often (he needs to get used to being groomed) - can't do a deep and thorough combing yet because he still has some of the awful puppy hair with his new hair. He is bathed weekly and his new hair doesn't seem to matt at all.

Have any of you ever experienced such "yucky puppy hair???" And, then got a second coat of new hair that was much nicer?

I really wanted to post this - just in case someone else has a pup with hair like mine had (and still has a little of) - just want to give them a glimmer of hope - their little guy may get a new coat of hair that is wonderful after all....

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!