View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_mama22 View Post
Lola is so good with her bullie sister and my moms dogs as well. But I brought her over to my friends house to play with her 6 month old Chihuahua puppy. I actually picked this puppy up for my friend a few hours away from my house when I was at my mother in laws house and the puppy stayed with us for the weekend in December until we came home. At that time Lola had no issue with the puppy. This time the visit was different. She was growling and being very rude to the puppy every time Lucy came near her. She also acted like this around another 8 week old shepard pup another one of my friends had.

Does Lola just not like puppies? What can I do to improve their relationship? These are two of my close friends and I like to bring dogs with me when I go to visit, or the other way around.
Sadie was 1 yr old when we brought Lillie to live with us. Sadie didn't like her....AT ALL!! She would sniff her and when Lillie would try to play she would growl and snap at her.....My thought was....What have I done! I was not about to get rid of my new furgirl...Sadie is "MY" girl so I would hold her and Lillie at the same time. I would never leave them together without supervision. Sadie has grown to love her fursister....however...if Lillie should yelp for any reason Sadie pounces on her and tries to fight with her,,,Lillie has NEVER fought back. Don't know why she does this,.....hasn't happened in a long time...hopefully it won't! I would say try holding your furbutt and pick up the puppy,....pay more attention to your little one to show her that SHE is your girl....maybe this will work!

Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!