View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

If she gets to the point she never whines in her cage when she is not sleeping, then she has given up and will be resigned to her fate. You don't want a pet like that. That is what you see from the puppymills -- poor dogs who have given up ever having the freedom to run and play as they were intended.

You said in your first post that "it only happens when my boyfriend is at home with me." then you turn around and say..."but that is not something that i can do. now when my boyfriend is home, and i am working of course i let her out and play. " Which is it? Does she only whine when left in the crate when your boyfriend is home or do you "of course" let her out toplay when your boyfriend is home?

If you are leaving her crated when she can hear you interacting with your boyfriend, then OF COURSE she is going to want out to be a part of LIFE! She is not an accessory to be put away when you don't want her around. You buy a pet because you want to SHARE your life with them. IMO.

I understand you have a job -- I think every person who is at home during the day has a job too. Tending to children, laundry, cleaning, cooking, taxi-ing, helping with homework, projects, ironing, mending, etc... we are all busy. If you find you don't have the time to spend with a pup, and keep them cooped up in a cage too many hours a day, it might be time to re-evaluate whether or not you have time for a pet.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!