View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
paulinanguyen2
Senior Yorkie Talker

okay first of all, i have to leave her in her crate, because i work from home. in an office where i am constantly taking calls all day. i cant have her running loose in the house while i am working. so that is the reason why she is in the crate. i keep her on a schedule. she is about 90 percent potty trained at this point. i wish i could have her out playing all day... but that is not something that i can do. now when my boyfriend is home, and i am working of course i let her out and play. she also has a problem with pooping. stil hasnt been 100 percent trained on that. she likes to POOP in the house when i am not looking. i have her on a strict poooping scheudule too... and that seems to be working..

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Why is she in the crate while you are home? You say she does not need to potty and really that would be the only reason for her to be crated if you were potty training and she needed to be restricted for this purpose. She should see her crate as her safe haven not a place where she is made to stay because you don't feel like having her out with you. Pebbles is crate trained and I leave the door open and she hops in if she want to get away for her own quiet time or taking a nap. Yorkies are social animals and need to be around human contact.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!