View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Nothing is wrong with feeding it to small dogs. I've never seen on their website about not recommending for small dogs? But if you're more comfortable, Champion Pet Foods also offers Acana which is a lower protein but still grain-free line. They have 4 different formulas out now. I really love Champion Foods in general and really trust them as a company.

I think Orijen is a GREAT food. And just like everything else out there, it works for some dogs and it doesn't work for others. Jackson always did amazing on Orijen Regional Red formula but recently, they upped the price so I was disappointed. A 5.5lb used to cost me $17.99 and now it's $21.99. He also was having softer poo on the recent bag for the first 2 weeks and I think they MAY have changed their formula. So right now the Orijen is his snacking kibble (I leave it in his bowl 24/7) and I am feeding Go! Endurance mixed with wet for his dinner. Orijen RR is by far his favorite kibble in terms of liking the flavor, he adores that food, lol.

I am waiting for our local store to start selling Acana Ranchlands-which is their new red meat formula for Acana... I think Jackson will LOVE it and it will be cheaper. So I'm gonna finish up our bag of Go! and hopefully it will be out by then. I'm so wish washy with his food though anyways, I like to rotate and give him different kibbles, etc, keep him guessing and never get bored.

What I have fed over the past year in a half has been Acana (Grasslands and Prairie), Orijen (Regional Red) and Go! Endurance. Oh and he gets Stella & Chewy's pre-made raw a few times a week. Overall he has done amazing on all of these foods, his coat is very soft and shiny, he has amazing endurance and is very active, he is in great shape, never had any kind of infections or sickness, etc.

I also have fed Nature's Variety Instinct with great results and it was actually the 1st food I found back when Jackson was like 8 months old that he REALLY loved! I may begin feeding that again. I'm not sure I'll be doing the Orijen anymore simply due to price and location of buying it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!