View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
simpleplan
Yorkie Talker

HI! Darwin has been on Orijen Puppy (small and large) since the 2nd week we've had him. (One year now) The puppy small and puppy large is the same because they believe that the nutrition they need is the same. That's what I've been told except the size of the kibble is smaller for puppy small. We moisten it with a few drops of water and microwave it for 8 seconds.

I tried Great Life which to me is up to par with Orijen. Darwin loved that too but had awful smelly and runny stools. It went on for days and never went away. Luckily they let me exchange the opened package for the new Orijen. We also tried the Orijen Fish formula but Darwin had wet and very smelly stools again, for days.
He just loves the Orijen puppy!! And on the plus side, his stools are virtually odor free..sometimes we don't even notice that he pooped on the puppy pad.
It's great and I'll never switch.

Darwin is not picky but his stomach is. He cannot even eat treats without getting the runs or throwing it up. So far we have spent so much on different holistic, natural human grade treats and he either won't touch it or he barfs or gets diarrhea. I even tried store bought treats and that was even worse. So far he can eat denta-bones and Denta-chews..Any rawhide will also give him the runs. I have a cupboard full of opened treats that he only tried once. So we use the same Orijen he eats as a treat! I just take a few pieces in my hand and for some reason he likes that!

I researched food as carefully as I researched what type of dog I was going to love. I'm talking 24/7 glued to my pc for at least weeks. I know exactly what companies had however many recalls and what companies bought each other out.. quality, reviews..I even knew exactly what the sales associate at the pet store knew (which btw she was amazing!) What I came up with was Great Life and Orijen. Hope this helps!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!