Thread: Roundworm
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katarina View Post
I'm sill in the process of deworming Totoro and I've read a lot about roundworms being able to live in soil and such for years which freaked me out. When he first started doing his business outside I would leave it for the morning (it was in the snow so I figured they would die but now I realize what a big mistake this was to leave out). Anyhow, I would pick them up and that would be that. Switch to today, this morning a lot of the snow had thawed out in my yard and I found some poop. I didn't think I missed any so I got a little worried. I picked it up but I'm hoping the eggs can freeze to death? I haven't found this research anywhere but I would like to know the odds of them being alive in my soil now, I do not want him to get reinfected or somehow my brother or younger relatives to get sick. Any good way to clean the yard, tips, tricks? Could they have frozen to death? I could use any help I can get. Also, he has had some accidents in the house with #1 and #2, is water and vinegar still a good way to clean up?

Thanks!!
Not sure if they freeze. The only way to sweeten the soil and insure parasites are removed is with lyme. However, one has to be very careful on when and how to let pets out.

The one way you can insure that your pet does not get reinfected or at least kept in check is by administering Heartworm meds such as Intercepter.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!