View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Rocky-Baby
Yorkie Yakker

Default Old member - Back again w/new baby!!

Hi guys - some of you may remember me from a year - 2 years ago when we were tricked into a scam that showed online footage of a puppy breeder who sold tea-cup yorkies. I was 23 and just married when diagnosed with not only an aggressive brain tumor which had cut off my estrogen and progestrone and hence effectively rendering me infertile - at the same time I was diagnosed with a fatal degenerative white tissue rheumatoid vasculitis. After a year of hell we adopted a yorkie from these people and after driving 3 hours to pick him up it turned out to be a puppy mill - but we were uneducated (until comingn here) and it even turned out my "tea-cup yorkie" was really a mutt; half karn (spelling?) terrier and half "silky terrier" according to one vet, while another vet said he was a silky mixed with possibly TWO other breeds. Long story short - after Rocky (that was his name) hit about 5 months old (and was over 15 lbs and STILL GROWING) he began exhibiting the oddest behavior. He'd be on my lap; calm and sweet and *BAM* - as if an electrode shocked the plates of his skull out of their lay-lines he'd get this look in his eyes that would switch from terror and into FIGHT MODE within half a second - and the only way I can explain it is that it appeared that out of no where he knew who I was and the next minute not only did he not know I was, he didn't know WHAT I was, WHERE he was - and i put myself in his shoes:

Imagine YOU just "wake up" - and...
-You're laying on a foreign LARGE body and when you look up, the large thing LOOKS INTO YOUR EYES (fight signal)
-You realize you're at a disadvantage - you're in his territory and he is much, much bigger a predator than you could ever be...

What do you do?

YOU FIGHT FOR YOUR FRIGGIN' LIFE!!!

And he would ATTACK - it would go on against anyone in the house for about 20-30 mins until he'd just *snap* back and relax. It turned out he had CANINE EPILEPSY. He had to be put down =(

Meanwhile I'm turning 26 on 4/11. My health has severely declined. I weigh about 85 pounds and have serious cartalage degeneration in and around all major joints - and severe gout flares in and around each digit of each toe apx a total of 3/4 weeks a month - so typing can be impossible ((which is why I haven't made this post until now - even though I got him around Christmas))

We were planning on moving back out on our own (away from the aid of my father and brother - bc when I start chemo I'd like my peace and at the very least my dignity - so we moved up-up-state NY - where I was happiest) and a friend DH had met through one of his later jobs came over on his lunch break and OUT OF NO WHERE asked "hey are you guys interested in a dog?" - so, panting I was like "UH-HUH!!" - and somehow, like fate, he said while stopping by a deli in HAVERSTRAW, NY he saw a sign that said "Local tea-cup YORKIE breeder and young mom _____________ trading her title as AKC' favorite teensy yorkie breeder for full time mommy-hood! That's right folks - former show sire "Al-Pachino" (1 lb 2 oz) has made his last donation (lol) and moms' "Princess Leila" (3 lb 2 oz) and "Hennessy Straight-Up" (4 lb 1 oz) have produced a total of 5 pups between the two litters - one born 10/15/10; the other 10/19/10." - it went on and said (my friend literally was reciting this like he had it written down - he couldn't explain how and why he knew the details so well - he said, and I quote "I'm a visual learner - like a photographic memory kinda-thing" lol) they had 2 boys left that were guaranteed to stay between 2-5 lbs and a female that would be larger than tea-cup. He gave us the number - and even though he was unsure of 2 digits we got it! That day we went there - about 20 mins from my house - and we got our baby: ROCK STAR. He is 6 m/o and currently 3.2 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Old member - Back again w/new baby!!-photo-2011-01-28-12.51-4.jpg   Old member - Back again w/new baby!!-photo-2011-01-28-12.52-4.jpg   Old member - Back again w/new baby!!-photo-2011-01-27-23.06-4.jpg   Old member - Back again w/new baby!!-photo-2011-01-28-12.51-2.jpg  
Rocky-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!