View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Why is she in the crate while you are home? You say she does not need to potty and really that would be the only reason for her to be crated if you were potty training and she needed to be restricted for this purpose. She should see her crate as her safe haven not a place where she is made to stay because you don't feel like having her out with you. Pebbles is crate trained and I leave the door open and she hops in if she want to get away for her own quiet time or taking a nap. Yorkies are social animals and need to be around human contact.
I agree!

To the OP, you say, "its simply because she wants attention", I agree with this too, but you have to ask yourself, why you find this annoying? Many of us got Yorkies, because we wanted to give them attention. There are lots of breeds that don't need as much attention. So many people pick the wrong breed for that point in their life, and may not have the time and energy to give their dog all the time it needs. If this is the case, I hope you talk to your breeder about this, or look into rehoming.

Join today and remove this ad!