View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo View Post
I took my baby Molly to the vet two weeks ago and she weighed 2.albs. I took her today and she weighed 2.2 at 16 weeks. She eats normally so I'm not sure of the weight loss. The vet didnt say anything. Should I be worried? Also they gave her rabbies vaccine and one for parvo and worms at sometime andi just seen on the net that giving at same time can cause problems. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
What was Molly's first weight? There are many things that can effect a weigh in, including what scale was used or whether or not Molly had recently had a meal and eliminated (peed or pooped). If the difference was only a couple ounces, I wouldn't worry. I would buy a good baby scale for home to monitor her weight. My boys are big, but I like to watch their weight at home. Sometimes vet offices will put little dogs on the big dog scale and I don't think the reading is accurate.

Relative to the vaccines, as long as your pup did not have a reaction yesterday, she should be fine. Our first vet loaded Max up with everything in one day when he was a pup. I learned later that rabies should be separated by 3-4 weeks from all other vaccines. Check out the sticky post in the YorkieTalk Library for more information on vaccine protocols.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!