View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Does it happen after mowing? I get something similar on my neck after mowng the grass. I guess it is from the mower kicking up grass/pollen/etc.... I finally decided as hot as it is, better to wrap a scarf around my neck to mow. Doesn't seem to bother me anywhere else -- just the neck. Odd....I know. BTW -- I just mowed the other day for the first time and did not use a scarf and got no rash. I think it is usually midsummer when it happens. Not sure if it is heat related or if there is something in particular in "bloom" during those months.
Have you gotten allergy tests? The patch tests? I did them and I was allergic to pine & cedar. We are surrounded by pine trees!
Rosacea is another possibility. I have a neighbor that has that. She has to cover up as much as possible when outside. She wears lots of wide brim hats. If she is without a hat in the sun for more than just a few minutes, she really breaks out. Hers is mostly on the cheeks, each side of her nose. Not sure if that is always how it presents or not. But the rash itself, looks a lot like yours.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!