View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I much prefer the wire kennels. Our Yorkies need such a small size, it is still very portable and easy to move. Puppies CHEW! An older dog might do okay in a soft side but I haven't seen any puppies of mine that would not chew through. I have one out in the garage to prove that point. Don't know why I havwen't thrown it away. I had it in mind that I could repair but I doubt that will happen. The fabric ones also can harbor germs more easily and are more difficult to clean thoroughly.

If it is going to be for any length of time, I just use a play yard. I like the plastic ones as they are lighweight, sturdy, and clean easily. I have this one and it has been a Godsend through 2 litters of puppies. I can still use it if I want to keep my 3 penned up while I do things like mop the floors. North State Superyard XT Portable Playard and Gate - Walmart.com
Walmart also has one made specifically for pets now: Walmart.com: IRIS 4 Panel Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pen White: Dogs

I like these a lot better if it is going to be more than an hour or during sleeping time. That way there is plenty of room for pee pads, food water, bed, and toys/play area.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!