View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Treats, praise positive reinforcement do it and don't stop just reward and go...it takes time. Also exercise the heck out of him before attempting grooming if he's tired he'll be a little easier to deal with. I did 5-15 minute sessions daily...

I have to soft muzzle Scoobers for the nail, ear and anal grooming still...but he does fine for me at home now...he literally saw a brush the first time and ran away, shook, pottied and displayed serious fear aggression I was like what the cream cheese is all this...? He wouldn't bath either had to get a shower head extender-standing water freaks him out too.

You might need to be more specific to get more in depth help...just he just wiggle or bite at certain things, is it fear or energy? Do you use nail nippers/clippers, or a pedi paw...ever try daily small sessions of just filing with an emery board? What are you doing to ears? Are you just brushing-what type of brush I just got the Madan brushes in sensitive for my dogs as I found most pin brushes to be rough-theses are super gentle. toplinepet.com Talk to Mimimomo on here she sells them.

Double check all supplies you use...are they comfortable, gentle, irritating, they hurt?
I also swear by the use of Dogswell's Mello Mut chicken jerky...many people use rescue remedy...both are homeopathic. Boiled chicken and Zuke's Mini Naturals are used here for grooming because I can give so many of them without fear of over feeding treats too large or fattening.

None of my dogs love the buzzers for clipping...so we're still working on it...but they all tolerate it and I've learned to be fast, before that I had a groomer do it. Be sure it's not pulling -could just be the noise though.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!