View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #15
ErinsWhitney
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrella View Post
I have only used mine a couple of times, but I read in my owners manual there is no need to preheat when using the convection oven. Hope this helps.

I never give it a chance unless I'm doing cakes, but when I set it on convection, it does preheat. It's a digital display and it says "preheating" and takes the same amount of time as the regular bake setting to do so, which is painfully slow! The fan doesn't even get up to speed all the way before it clicks off, and it does it from the time I turn it on until I turn it off. It's been on pretty much all day (2 bigs cakes this weekend) and it's done it the whole time. I called maytag again today and they talked to me like I was stupid. I KNOW this isn't right. Grrr. DH says to let it go, at least it cooks food. I payed $1000 for this oven and I want it to work the way it's supposed to dangit! Guess Whirlpool will be getting a nice email from me this evening.

The elements on the cooktop do this also. Just when the water gets to a rolling boil, it will audibly click off and the water will stop rolling...then a few seconds later it will audibly click back on and get going again. I miss my ugly old almond coil-top!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!