Thread: Spinal Injury
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #13
mauirobin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
You may never know what caused it. Spinal injuries are tricky...sometimes crate rest and anti inflammatories help. I am sure you vet told you that if she shows any further deterioration in her neurological functions that you should immediately get her in to a neurologist. Once they start to deteriorate they can quickly end up permanently paralyzed if it is not addressed quickly. Personally, I would probably do a consult now.

I would never do any types of alternative meds for a spinal injury. That is my preference, but if you should choose to go that route I strongly suggest a consult with a board certified neurologist first!

You can find one at:

www.acvim.org

I hope that Buttons shows improvement very soon!
We have one here at the University for neurology. Thanks for that link! Button's is vastly improved. She can walk on the hard-wood floors & linoleum without losing control of her back legs now. She does sleep a lot, but I am grateful to that, as I'm sure the rest is doing her good, & it's probably the muscle-relaxer. They did say she would be really thirsty though, and I don't see it. However, I was concerned about her fluid intake, so started serving her kibble wet. She is drinking her water though, I guess I'm just worried.

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts & wishes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!