View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Once a person starts studying and understanding the correct structure of a yorkie or any breed for that matter it is hard to look at a dog without wanting to 'pick it apart'. I think this is a common practice among show people and not meant to be done in a mean manner but just a natural response, especially when looking at show dogs. All dogs have faults, some are just more obvious than others. Some faults are easy to hide with proper grooming and handling skills while other faults cannot be hidden.

For those that are interesting in showing and learning how to train a puppy for show this is a very interesting website. It does not pertain just to yorkies but it has just good basic information on training a puppy for show.
Training a dog to "stack"
I know exactly what you mean! I pick apart costumes all the time. My bro does it to Power Ranger costumes haha. We're like, that's wrong, that's wrong, that's from a different character.... heh heh. I do it a little to yorkies too. Even when bf sees a beautiful one (according to standard) he's like wow...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!