View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
HeatherGurl84
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Mommy View Post
How was Sassy's appetite before the spay? I wonder if the anesthesia made her queasy and her stomach isn't feeling right. Did you try some chicken baby food (no onion/onion powder on the label). Also ask the vet for some a/d prescription dog food. When Sammy was sick last year the vet sent him home with 2 cans of it. I only gave him about 1 teaspoon at a time and he ate it right up. Good luck!! I hope she starts to eat soon.
Her appetite was very regular. She is a little picky but would usually he what was put in front of her. I have not tried chicken baby food yet. The vet sent us home yesterday with a can of a/d dog food. She ate about 1/2 a teaspoon and that was it, will not eat anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritapatt View Post
Chicken broth and a little rice bit by bit? Maybe a dab of plain yogurt dabbed on her tongue...
I have tried rice but not chicken broth. Maybe I will add some. Tried yogurt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
Goodness, almost a week now . could she have been traumatised by the whole spaying? What does the vet say to do for her? to get her to eat?
She could have been! The vet said to keep offering her food and to call back if she still refused. I guess tomorrow I will be giving them a call She sent her home with some a/d food to encourage her to eat. It isnt helping a whole lot.
HeatherGurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!