View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #6
momofreese
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkie and food, diet and the misunderstanding of the jacuzzi

Wow, I didn't realize that I had to really watch the context of my posts here. The tub is an airjet tub.. not even a jacuzzi but commonly called that. I would NEVER put the jets on. I am a mom of three daughters and would hope that I Have learned enough over the years about safety.

She needed her regular bath.. which I normally do in a small sink. She also needed exercise and the vet had recommended this form. Since my vet had recommended swimming for her, and I do not have a pool and since it is about 30 degrees in NY, anyway.. my only option was my "bathtub". We did not put the jets on.. jacuzzi's/bain ultra air jet tubs can always be used a regular tub. My daughter got into the tub with her, since she didn't even like just swimming period. I was sitting on the side holding her. I am sorry that I didn't add all of the specifics, and guess I shouldn't assume that there aren't people out there that would possibly put there dog in a running jacuzzi. Even though she did have the proper "gear" she did not get to use the jets or bath oils.

I neglected to put all of the details in, but know for sure that I would never jeopardize her safety or anyone in my family, for that matter.

I apologize for the confusion. I didn't even realize that the other poster thought the same as you had. I thought she had just meant that she was obviously terrified of swimming so do not pick her back in the bath. I better get used to posting correctly. She was holding on to my daughter and totally scratched her even when I was holding her.. no jets, no water running, the only noise was coming from the television in the bathroom and her splashing little legs.

This entire "session" lasted about three to five minutes. Again, it was a recommendation of my vet. I should have been more descriptive in my post but didn't even realize that I was misleading people.

Please understand that Reese is spoiled, loved and protected as much as any other yorkie on this site, if not more in some cases.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am nuts and completely over the top with Reese but not that nuts. Thank you for your concern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reesesnork2 (Custom).jpg (1.7 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by momofreese; 12-26-2005 at 12:48 PM.
momofreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!