Thread: Scary new issue
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
Texanna
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Scary new issue

Bilbo is going to be two next week (March 23), and he is in the process of developing a new behavioral issue that really concerns me. He has started growling at me.

When we eat, he goes to his special spot on the back of the sofa. He has a nice sheepskin there, and he is able to look outside and to watch us while we are eating. For the past couple of weeks, he has started growling at me when I tell him "up" before we sit down at the table. I understand that he isn't pleased with me when I don't allow him to beg, but he has to understand that he isn't the boss. When he stays up there until we finish (or even if he gets down and has to be reminded) he gets a reward.

Another time he will growl and bark at me is when he goes into the backyard for a potty break. I'm not always able to go out there with him (for example if I need a potty break myself), and I never leave him out there for more than 5-10 minutes. Again, he gets a reward when he comes back in.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? I'm afraid that the growling may eventually lead to snapping.
Texanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!