View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
MyLovelyNiko
Yorkie Yakker

Lightbulb Excellent point

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
I can't find the article (i think it was from the SPCA) but I want to mention it anyways in case someone else has it and can post it.

For every pup purchased from a pup mill three will die in that mill on average
; either from breeding complication, illness associated with substandard conditions, or general neglect-the loss of life doesn't matter when you can just mass produce, even basic veterinary care isn't done when it's not cost effective, period. Let's be real most pup mills are filthy because they can't be asked to put in effort to clean or hire a minimum wager to clean up...water isn't even given let along food or exercise-it's not cost effect...how can we financially support that?

So every time I see an add for a pup I know is from a pup mill I imagine the other three that will die...that just stuck in my head...I no longer see a pup and say "awhhh how cute" my stomach turns over the thought of the three on average I'll never see...
I am sure plenty of us here can agree that it would be difficult to turn our back on the pup...so don't feel bad about it and thank you so much for your honesty.

You definitely made some great points as well as the poster before you. Spreading the word is like fire in the wind...it is bound to spread and continue to grow. I applaude you for doing as much as you can and boycotting these places. (Petco, PetSmart, etc.) I must admit that I did not know very much about the chin farms. Maybe it is because I am in Tallahasse, but they don't sell animals like that here...just your parakeets, bunnies, and mice. But that information does reinforce what I feel about them anyway, they completely take the caring owners wallets for granted by hiking up their price more than 50%...I have bought from them many times before until I began to bargain shop. Many things I have bought for Niko was more than doubled there. (I can go on and on about them, but I have decided to take my business to jefferspet.com, and places like this!) Thank you so much for the insight and as the saying goes, I learned something new today!)

Keep up your great work and thank you for being so firm with your stand against the idiots of the world.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!