Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
yakkwak
YT Addict

Default Picking Up Puppy from Trena's Toys Next Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufufashions View Post
Welcome to YT!!
I got 2 of my girls from Trena at
Trena's Toys. They are just pet quality but very cute and she is a wonderful breeder and very caring with her babies. She is in Weatherford, outside of Ft Worth.

I visited Trena's kennel and placed a deposit on a male puppy of hers. The plan is to pick up the puppy next week (it will be old enough then). I was very impressed with the cleanliness and Trena's apparent wealth of knowledge. The mother appears very healthy and energetic; all the Yorkies I saw appeared energetic except for the sire, maybe he was just very tired then. The dogs were well groomed, and clean, with short cuts. All were quite happy!! The sire, a very tiny Yorkie (under 3 lbs.) had sparkely eyes and showed no sign of distress, but he didn't want to get up on his feet - I observed him being weighed. He did not appear to be hurting or in any distress, just didn't get up on his legs. Are there times when this breed just likes laying around, maybe like a bloodhound likes to do? I have been reading all the posts and books I can get my hands on and want to be as sure as I can that I get a healthy pup. Are you still happy with the pups you got from her? When you say pet-quality, do you think the coats are capable of being long?????? I am disabled (spine disease) so I am very early-retired and will have the time to attend to the needs of a longer coat. Do you think it will grow out ok? The puppy's parents are pictured on her website - Kim and Tatum. They are adorable. If you have the time, could you or someone take a peek at the pics and tell me what you think of them? Does Tatum's legs look like what is referred to as a "red legged Yorkie"? Please do not misunderstand, I have nothing bad to say about this breeder!!! I am just very concerned because I have no experience with this breed (used to have weimaraners) - a big change for me!!
yakkwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!