View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
Assuming that the behaviour is not illegal, I'd penalize more for professional misconduct than personal. I don't care what someone does in their private life, on their own time. If the personal misconduct is committed on the job, then it is most likely professional misconduct also and is therefore a double whammy.

I don't believe what a person does in his/her private life speaks to their professional competence. I hire people for the work they do on the job and as long what they do after hours doesn't compromise their work (i.e: drinking/drugs, etc) I have no issue with it.

Integrity??? I thought you said we were talking about politicians?
Good point...if someone is an alcoholic in their private life but not 'drinking on the job' I still have an issue as such can hinder their ability and job performance...but that's fine line in my mind also...if there's no issue in the competency at work...none of my business if they want to to drink themselves to death...suppose that's case specific to incidence of professional misconduct and job performance...LOL can this thread also cover job performance? Election promises being kept and more...Just kidding.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!