Thread: Spinal Injury
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
mauirobin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm a little slow, but I think I just figured out how she got injured.

Two days ago I let the dogs out, went to the fridge to grab a tea, & heard the dogs going nuts. They were barking at something on the other side of the gate, (not able to see from the door), but Jillian wanted to go through the gate she was so mad. The yorkies flew back into the back door when I opened it. I still couldn't see what was going on for a second. Then I saw 2 sticks, (branches from my neighbors tree that usually likes to fall towards my car) through the gate. My neighbor's grand-kids were visiting her & were hitting them with sticks through the gate. I had to physically go pick up Jillian to get her in the house. She was so mad, that I think if she could have gone through the gate, she would have bitten those kids.

I checked all the dogs & didn't see any injuries, but it was later that same evening that Button's started losing control of her hind legs. I didn't think that they were actually hit, but now I'm second-guessing that episode. Those two kids don't visit her often. That was only the 2nd time I have seen them in over 2 yrs. I still don't know for sure, as I didn't see them actually get hit, but knowing Button's she would have been there barking with Jillian & not running into the house. So something must have scared her.

*Sigh....am thinking a big 6 foot privacy fence is in the makings now
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!